Are you a US citizen living in Australia?

If you are a U.S. citizen living in Australia, you must file two returns each year. As an Australian resident, you must file an Australian return and as a U.S. citizen you must file a U.S. return since American citizens are required to report their worldwide income every year by filing U.S. Form 1040 This doesn’t necessarily mean you’ll have to pay taxes to both countries.

At Guenther F Goetz Chartered Accountants, we understand the tax complexities of U.S. citizens living abroad. There are several mechanisms available that may prevent you from being double taxed which we are happy to assist with. We have a dedicated team of Certified Public Accountants, Enrolled Agents, and tax attorneys who can handle even the most complicated tax returns.

With two convenient ways you can work with us, face-to-face in our North Epping office or anywhere in the world through our secure remote services, simply upload your documents and let our professional team handle the rest. We’ll minimise your tax situation and meet all IRS requirements. Don’t leave your expat taxes to just anyone. Guenther F. Goetz Chartered Accountants, the trusted name in tax preparation has the expertise you need.

Make an appointment today.

Scroll to Top